What are dental crowns?
A crown is a type of dental restoration that is used to repair a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. Dental crowns are designed to entirely cover the damaged tooth beginning at the gum line. With a dental crown, your tooth can be restored to its original shape, size, and appearance. Your dental crown in Parma Heights, Ohio, will be custom made to aesthetically restore your smile and comfortably fit your bite.
Do I need a dental crown?
Dental crowns can be used for a variety of purposes. Your caring dentists at Shaia Dental Group, Dr. Shaia, may recommend a custom dental crown in order to:
- Repair a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Complete a dental implant
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Support a large dental filling when little original tooth structure remains
- Strengthen a weakened or fractured tooth
- Improve the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
When in place, your dental crown can effectively restore the health, beauty, and function of your smile. If you believe that your smile may benefit from a dental crown, we invite you to call or visit Dr. Anthony Shaia and our team soon. We look forward to improving your smile!