What are dental bridges?
Bridges are dental restorations that can improve the function, beauty, and health of your smile if you are missing one or more teeth. A dental bridge can be used to replace one missing tooth or multiple missing teeth in a row. Each dental bridge consists of two dental crowns and one or more artificial teeth. Dr. Anthony Shaia will place the dental crowns on the teeth or dental implants adjacent to the gap to securely anchor the artificial replacement teeth.
Do I need a dental bridge?
You may need a dental bridge if you are missing one or more teeth. Our dentist may recommend a dental bridge to improve your smile by:
- Restoring lost facial volume
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
- Alleviating stress on the bite
- Replacing a removable partial denture
- Improving your ability to chew, speak, and eat as usual
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from shifting into the space left by the missing teeth
Bridges are fixed (non-removable) dental restorations. In most cases, a dental bridge in Parma Heights, Ohio, can be placed in just two visits to Shaia Dental Care. To learn more about dental bridges and our other tooth replacement options, please call or visit us soon.