Never give up on your oral hygiene. Even as the fall flowers and sugar skies tower towards us to trick our teeth with tempting treats and delicious sweets for Thanksgiving and beyond, we must stand fast to our daily routines. It is important to keep up our brushing and flossing, as well as keep track of the food and drinks we eat. Take the test below to see if you know the answers to some oral hygiene basics:
– True or False: You should visit your dentist every six months for oral exams and professional cleanings,
– True or False: Most dentists recommend brushing teeth for 2 minutes, twice daily
– True or False: For better oral hygiene, you should eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups
– True or False: The dentists at Shaia Dental Care are real-life oral health care superheroes.
– Question: Which of the following foods can cause plaque buildup which can promote tooth decay: cookies, chewy candy, sour-flavored sweets, fudge brownies, or sugary sodas?
Answer: All of the above
If you answered all five questions correctly, congratulations, you are on the fast-track to oral hygiene superstardom! However, it is not nearly enough to only know safe dental procedures. You must practice them as well.
If you wish to come in for a professional cleaning or an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. Anthony Shaia by contacting our wonderful dental team at Shaia Dental Care via phone at 440-884-9898. You can also stop by our office in Parma Heights, Ohio. We look forward to having you as our guest soon!