Tooth extractions can be easy dental procedures if you are prepared. When removing a tooth, it is important to set a plan in place so you have the time and space to heal up properly.
Improve your smile with the assistance of a tooth extraction. Listed below are some vital tips to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking causes delays in recovery time from an extraction, so give up smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is important for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to give up all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to repair.
– If your dentist has given you healing methods for recovery, follow them exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction procedure to ensure you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the extraction.
– If disproportionate swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– To ensure you do not choke on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic completely wears off.
If you are in need of a tooth extraction treatment from our team at Shaia Dental Care at our dentist office in Parma Heights, Ohio, please contact us at 440-884-9898 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Anthony Shaia. The path to a healthy smile starts today!